Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Sponges At CVS

     Before I made it to the comedy club tonight, I went to a nearby CVS pharmacy to get sponges as I needed to do more cleanup in the bathroom, getting rid of some mold. As expected, I found it as a 2-pack, these often aren't sold separately. But they are still cheap, the 2-pack was just under two dollars. I also got a small pack of Planters peanuts.
     One of the comics I saw tonight I will call Chalm-Skinn', a 'Simpsons' reference. He spoke of being a bouncer, and a pizza manager, in previous jobs. Others were a shovel gut from snow, midget in a limousine, write drunk edit sober, and was wearing a Star Wars shirt. A comic I will call Huggy Open is next, as he was wearing this kind of hat. He did ones about Dallas Buyers Club, and Prairie Home Companion. A previous MC at this place did ones about laughing with him, Barbie dolls in 4th grade, you are an amazing actor, and they didn't have I-pods and rap music then. Next we have the brothers. The first did one about a together forever bumper sticker. Others were about needle in a haystack, eating caviar, a Super Bowl bet, and adopting himself. The other was wearing a winter hat and has longer hair, his name is first alpha-wise. He did ones about being at the gym, just visiting in prison, she's talking about writing class, and seeing a bike on a train. Long straw did one about angry at Target about yogurt. Others were about a Charlie Brown shrug, Tom Hanks with autism, a car with 300k miles, all you can eat sushi, sick gazelle on savanna, and being a former Blockbuster Video manager.
    And there is music everywhere. 'Boat to Cairo' was one of the songs we danced to at Wii dancing this afternoon at the office. Tonight on my car radio I liked hearing 'fidelity' by regina spektor. the song is relatable on some level: 'I hear in my mind all of this music, and it breaks my heart'. I know I have written about her before, but it has been a while. the previous time was inspired by the first time I had heard her music, before a show I was attending.
   at work I completed one of two online classes. the one I started but haven't finished yet made me think of the political science guy, as it was about computer security and there was a character named 'larry lock' who smiled a lot. my colleague I don't think will like larry, which looks like a padlock.

No comments:

Post a Comment