Sunday, March 29, 2015

Merchants Of Doubt Movie

     I went to see the movie 'Merchants of doubt' in Edina this afternoon. I was getting caught up on reading the paper and noticed it was still in the area. I had some popcorn as well, I had to get both it and the movie ticket at the concession stand. It had the same director as 'Food, Inc.', a corporate farming documentary. I had seen this movie as well. Much of it was about the tobacco industry, but it also covered other industries who adopted the same tactics of hiring PR firms to prevent unfavorable laws from being passed. Some of these included flame-retardant furniture, and climate change. I have a calendar in my office from the Union of Concerned Scientists, they likely would say go see this movie. There was plenty of footage from news outlets, and talk shows like Glenn Beck. I recognized one of them being from the Morton Downey Jr. show, although it is not mentioned by name. Really odd to hear about one petition reportedly signed by thousands of scientists, then later discredited, but still being passed off as fact.
   I tried to order some books at the Barnes and Noble website but they refused to allow me to have it sent to my PO box, so I ordered it from Amazon instead. I mentioned it on Twitter, and already had it favorited by one fellow comic. And I made a reservation for seeing a play next weekend, 'Anne of Green Gables'. I found out it was already sold out for today, so I had to see what else works in my schedule.    

No comments:

Post a Comment