Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Evergreen Tree Tattoo

    As I was waiting to take the train back to my car after the comedy show tonight I saw a young woman with an evergreen tree tattoo on her left thigh. She was wearing black stockings that had a run in the right thigh. Also notable was how her skirt looked like a white doily. I guess it is proof of how it is warming up in this area. My leadoff joke was a response to ChalmSkinn doing a joke about the band 311, and I said I had seen them in concert at Wilkins Auditorium in St. Paul. I played part of their song 'Amber' in my head as well. I did many of the same jokes compared to the previous night. After the show I got a picture of the Brandi Carlile poster in the hall, as I have seen Brandi perform concerts twice before. I also spoke with the MC tonight about another show he does, in the West Bank. I haven't been to the show or the venue yet but said I was more likely to show up if offered stage time.
    Music can be found anywhere, and of course in the afternoon I did our weekly Wii dancing session. 'Barbie girl, Barbie world' was one of them we danced to, and it made me think of Bathtub having this song played when he closed a show before. Another was 'Down to the river, study war no more', one I recognized as gospel since it was performed at church when I was young.
   I am still getting some birthday cards, one of them was in the mail from family in Iowa. Another was given to me when I was at the bus stop, by the science museum employee.
   At the comedy club tonight, ChalmSkinn also did ones about can-do canines, and a midget in a limo. The brothers performed next. The first did ones about cancer fundraising, Scrabble, mascot school, and boomerang contrast with Frisbee. The second did ones about Waldo, need a place to shower, kicked out of a band, riding train and seeing a bike, and it's just your bathtub. University accountant did ones about how it was across the street, motivated running, kickboxing class, live like you're dying, 99 problems and beer, and pedal pub. Nebraska did ones about be all you can be, work construction, can't use porta potties. Others were about liking poetry and romance books, and Hank Hill. A comic I've seen at this venue before as MC asked if he should do crowd rap or jokes. Tortoise did ones about Mountain Dew code red and his lady, who's on first, my room hates itself, lady Pac-Man, Dominos pizza app, first pizza robot, hand jobs sigh quietly, and couch to regular potato. Duffel bag did ones about Chuck Taylors, horoscopes, Good Charlotte and riding the bus, a driver permit for 10 years, and suspicious failure. A newer comic did ones about Wonder Bread, disappointed he can't move the mic, and killed fish years ago. He is friends with duffel bag. A comic I often call Red (due to her hair) did ones about a self help book, who men love, playing Marco Polo, a Marilyn Monroe tat, and lies my teacher taught me. Fantasia interacted with me a lot, saying sit up front, we should have read the blog, and sonic the hedgehog. Others were about smiling politely, the wiz just meet him, and I'm not Neil. The crow did ones about a server, a sad looking meal, and destroying kids artwork. I also saw a shirt saying I put ketchup on my ketchup (Heinz).

No comments:

Post a Comment