Thursday, March 5, 2015

Delicious Nutritious Popcorn

    I went to the high school hockey tournament at Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul tonight, and one of the things I bought was some popcorn. The box said it was 'Delicious and nutritious', not sure why this claim is made as the former is correct but not the latter. I ate about half of what was in the box, the smaller size for five dollars, and took the rest home with me. The contents is now in a small plastic ice cream container, as I wanted to get the box in the trash right away. I ordered a hot dog and some hot chocolate before having the popcorn, and I was disappointed that I couldn't find sauerkraut. At first I thought I had, in small plastic cups with lids, but took a closer look and it was onions.
    I arrived while the first game of the evening session was still in progress, Lakeville North was leading Hill-Murray 3-1 early in the 3rd. Lakeville North tacked on another goal and won it 4-1. I saw most of the second game, Eden Prairie vs. Blaine. It was tied 1-1 at the end of the 1st, though Eden Prairie had decidedly more shots on goal. Both goals were near the end of the period, Eden Prairie scoring first. Then Eden Prairie broke it open in the 2nd, with 4 goals at about 5 minutes in, then 7, 11, and 13 minutes in (17-minute periods). Blaine got 2 goals in the 3rd, one was near the midway point and the other with just under 2 minutes left. I was on my way out when the final goal was scored, as I knew the buses are less frequent after 10pm, just twice an hour. I found out I didn't miss much, as Eden Prairie went on to win 5-3, same score as when I left. At the office I saw some of my colleagues in the main break room watching some of the tournament, the first two games of the day.
    I liked being able to de-compress from work before heading back downtown for the hockey game. I watched two episodes of 'Big bang theory'. Syndicated rerun was when Penny asked Leonard to fake it that they were an item to satisfy her dad. Howard kissed Raj to prevent Raj from kissing Bernadette. Prime time episode was about Sheldon and Amy deciding to get a turtle, then Amy was upset with Sheldon when she wasn't told about his application to colonize Mars. Raj asked Howard and Bernadette for help after snooping in his lady's nightstand and breaking the drawer. Not much postal mail, but there was a card from my aunt as my birthday is in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment