Friday, March 6, 2015

Godzilla Movies

     I went to a comedy marathon at a hotel in Bloomington tonight, and the first show I saw was a man talking about Godzilla movies. I haven't seen many of them, maybe just the one from 1998 that he said the Japanese didn't like. I was early for the performer I wanted to see, who I recall liked to wear a hat that said 'Black Flag' on it, the music group. I saw him outside on my way in and we spoke briefly. He told me it would be his first comedy set in two months. He did well, doing one about a surprise birthday party in downtown Minneapolis. Others were about being off the clock, Laffy Taffy and acid, found $35 at Mall of America, it's valium for me, I need coffee, smart phone morph into a question mark, and ask at the gas station. Still others were about plotting revenge, Taylor Swift, test for mass poisoning, his uncle is cooler, how was the steak?, and ice cream truck doesn't slow down. This was followed by smile, I'm paying for this, this mugger got paid, stage an intervention, eating after midnight, Kim Kardashian, a piece of Chernobyl, gorilla sign language, religion like cocaine, a dangerous night at the YMCA, it makes me batman, found the teddy bear, and walk off into the sunset.
    It was funny to me to see another convention happening next to it, there was taxidermy displays of various animals. I will have to go back with a new memory card for my camera and get photos of it this weekend. There are some silent auction items at the comedy marathon, hopefully I can snag another one like I did last year. I liked listening to a few songs on the radio after I left the comedy show, one was 'Daughter' by Pearl Jam as I started the drive. The other was 'Dyer Maker' by Led Zeppelin as I was getting home. I stayed in my car a little longer so I could listen to the end of the song.
   I did find a place to have fish tonight, it was the tavern from last week where it was crowded, even at the bar. I showed up a little earlier, and one bartender said the crowd was thinner due to the high school hockey tournament. I did see some of it on TV while there, Duluth East was leading Edina 2-1 in the 2nd period.
   At midday I decided to look at an art gallery in the skyway. What caught my eye while passing by all the time was some art in reference to the Charlie Hebdo massacre. Eventually I said I had to go as I got out my cellphone and knew time was running short. I needed to get to Erbert Gerbert for a sandwich, and I also wanted to get a box of Girl Scout cookies from the popcorn wagon. It was a slower day at work which is expected for a Friday. I ended up breaking down some empty boxes in a cubbyhole where we keep boxes of paper. I did it as I was tired of looking at them. After work I got some reservations made for event tickets, except one where the website was giving me trouble. So I may just have to call the venue and order that way. I like self-service as long as it is user-friendly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment