Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Ballpark At Rosemont

    I started the day at my hotel in Elk Grove Village. I liked having the continental breakfast again, but this time I decided to have the 'Make your own waffle'. Before my flight back to the Twin Cities departed, I went to see the 'Ballpark in Rosemont'. It did remind me of some minor league baseball stadiums I had seen before, but it appears to be a softball venue. One thing evident is that it is on 'Jennie Finch way' as this is a famous softball player. She was one of those who participated in the celebrity softball game I saw as part of the All-Star Game festivities last summer. It surprised me how there was a softball game in progress, more so than being able to walk in and nobody asked for a ticket. But I got a few photos and I left as I didn't have much time.
     I made an appointment for Heavenly Massage in Mt. Prospect before I went to Rosemont and found it to be helpful as usual. While being worked on I thought of one appointment when I lived in the area, at another location, possibly Morton Grove. The Mount Prospect location wasn't open yet. The therapist was an older woman and spoke with me some, likely more than most do. She said I looked like I was young enough that I should be out on the town at some nightclub or bar. Really odd to think about this now, as this is now what I do when I go to the comedy clubs. I am still wondering why, in my mind, I am more comfortable in this environment when it is a comedy club. There are sure enough similarities between the two kinds of venues, but some notable differences as well. The therapist today didn't say much to me, and I am fine with it. I know, this is hard to understand for some of you, readers. Hearing that at times I am not chatty by any means. But I do believe in a time and place for everything.
   There was a minimal delay, about 20 minutes, on the flight back to the area. When checking in I was asked if I wanted to give up my seat as it was overbooked apparently, but I haven't done this before and it still doesn't interest me at all. I am the type that likes sticking to a schedule I have already made, so I didn't consider changing it at all. After finding out the next flight would have been two hours later, it was a good idea. I told myself I had already turned in the rental car, what else would I do while waiting, have a drink at the airport bar? It was great to use a concourse connector bridge at MSP, for some reason I hadn't seen it before. This made it easer to get to one of the Snoopy statues I like to see each time I am at the airport. I know when I have two chances at seeing it- departure and arrival- sometimes it is best to wait for the arrival flight, less sense of urgency of course.
   When I got back, as expected I was tired and didn't want to do much but rest. But I had no choice but to get to the grocery store for my weekly order. After watching The Simpsons, I fell asleep briefly then got ready to go do laundry. I liked hearing a song by Pink, 'Get this party started', in this episode, about trying to replace Duff Man. One of my photos today was as after I was finished doing laundry. I saw a row of chairs and one of them was broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment