Sunday, March 22, 2015

Horrible Bosses 2 Movie

    I watched a Redbox rental movie this morning, 'Horrible Bosses 2'. I saw it because I got a poster for it at the comedy club since they were promoting an advance screening there. I had seen the original for the same reason. I am a big Bob Newhart fan and he was in the original, in cameo, but it was no big deal that he wasn't in this sequel. Like most sequels I didn't think it was as good. The Jason Bateman character was the voice of reason, and the others were idiots. The storyline was often ridiculous, so this movie can be best described as campy and a farce. The trio was inept at planning a kidnap for ransom, and it was funny on some level that it was pointed out right away why it wouldn't or didn't work. In terms of the bosses brought back for the sequel, it worked better to have Jennifer Aniston than Kevin Spacey as her sex addict support group added more to the story than visiting Kevin's character in prison. I do notice cars at times, and liked seeing a classic car in it during one scene. At first I said the car must be a Ford Torino but then I said Ranchero, close enough, as the two have similar bodies to them but a Ranchero has a truck box. The movie was all right, definitely for those who like screwball comedies. As usual, the outtakes are often just as funny as what was left in. I liked the references made to other movies, '9 to 5', and 'Fight Club'. There were previews as well, but nothing really appealed to me. One of them was about an earthquake in California.
   There was plenty on my to-do list today and I got to all of it. Besides the movie I also wanted to listen to two CDs from friends. One was opera singer's music CD, actually not the first time I had heard it. I wanted to listen to the instrumental songs more closely. I felt like I was able to pick up when keyboards were in it, even though in most songs I tend to hear drums and guitars the most. The effect from keyboards was good, I made a comparison to the Christmas song 'Deck the halls' on my Facebook review. The other CD was from a comedy show this weekend. Some of the jokes I had heard at the show and some I hadn't. One standout to me was 'Why would I make that up?' about her husband, reminding me of being on a date last year and I was asked if I was really that age. So it worked because it was relatable. Others I liked were delivered by a clown, salt on frogs, hippo deaths in Africa, voices go up octaves, you won't graduate, Hillary is a monster, drive through Candy-land, and sometimes my food talks to me. She is really good at making fun of stereotypes, and I like hearing some history jokes since it was my college major. She does these jokes since her husband is a history teacher.  
   Other things I did today was dishes and trash, and getting photos at Walgreen. I hadn't done them in over a month, and added 6 more to the 'Ring of honor', now it is up to 67. I also shared some from the first show I went to on Saturday. It snowed a lot today, I had some minor trouble getting back with the photo order, sliding down a hill but I hit a curb with one tire and that was all, wasn't going fast and it helped that nobody else was on the road at the time. I also finished getting some more baseball cards into binders, just over 100 and just 6 duplicates.  

No comments:

Post a Comment