Monday, March 23, 2015

Beggin For Thread, Banks

   When I was driving to the comedy club tonight, I liked hearing a song on my car radio- part of it. I had to look it up later by lyrics I remembered, 'Something you don't understand' and 'What you're getting yourself into'. I am sure it was 'Beggin for thread' by Banks, since it sounded like what I heard after another listen on Youtube. First try was Relient K, and I recalled a sultry lady's voice which wasn't them. 'Thinking you had it under control' was another lyric that works for me. The song tempo works fine, not too fast or slow. And I think we all know what it is like to experience something we don't understand, and not know what we're getting ourselves into.
    At the comedy club tonight, the brothers performed but I can't read my notes for the first. The second was the taller one, he did ones about Waldo, bike on train, and a studio apartment. Ragu did ones about Insane Clown Posse, playing landlord, and a leaf blower. The rapper comic did one about scramble. Red-faced did ones about children of rice, and 1st one, no-win. Fantasia did ones about girls like jerks, Michael Jordan, and Domino's Pizza. Mr. Pibb did ones about hopscotch, Rihanna, MOA and Southdale, and online banking. Resistable did ones about a waterbed, adopt a highway, what cats eat, carpet/drapes, football Rudy, Applebee's, and Nicki Minaj. Sub teacher did ones about Comcast, Mozart, domestic terrorists and strippers, and a cucumber. Postage stamp did one about talk about it for fun, make them uncomfortable. Maryland did ones about a dress at Target, Urkel, high horse, drunk Muppet, and Disney movies. I got a shout out from Perkins, who did ones about diet lemonade, a storage locker, pay for Tinder, Netflix cheaper, Gatsby, and no GQ model. University accountant did ones about a subway game, cotton candy, Fantastic Sam's, Beatles and Bieber, and KFC. Louisiana did ones about a bottomless mimosa, pollen, bunk beds, and being an only child. Fargo number 25 did ones about Redtube, marriage/mirage, a flasher, honey pot, grin and bear it, and being dumped. Fever comic did ones about his mom in Florida, say you're 51, a gated community, and spring break. Bathtub did ones about a pepper garden, a squirrel, the movie 'Castaway', Domino's tracker, nutty bars, sour patch kids, and colonize Mars. Opera singer did ones about bless you, Bible drinking game, pizza buffet, cougar bait, Warren Buffett and the budget, opera pick up lines, ice breaker, and Mean Joe Greene.  

No comments:

Post a Comment