Wednesday, December 16, 2015

A Very Comic Christmas

    I went to a holiday party tonight, known as 'A very comic Christmas'. It was hosted by the bossman and his wife. First time I had been invited to one of these, much like the Memorial Day party this year was my first. I saw just about everybody I had wanted and hoped to see there. I know some may have been unable to make it if they were out of town. Notable was the Wisconsin couple, the wife was cutting off pieces from a big candy bar. The husband was telling me he wanted to do a meme of me saying a catchphrase. I brought chips, that were picked up at a Target Express after I picked up a UPS package from a nearby retail location. I liked how it worked to divert the package and not having to go to their big facility like I have done before. Then after the party it was off to the comedy club. I was on early tonight, shortly after getting my beer.
   Also at the comedy club, after me was a well dressed man doing drummer solos, Cartier. Yes his name is Rick James, he's been doing the Dave Chappelle thing, according to the show runner. Vocalist was a St. Thomas student, and the drummer is still in back. Got to pull myself together, showing affection. Always in my fantasy, heart into retractions. Lost in your translation, temptation from another nation. Diamond, a guitarist, is next. A fool for your love, caught like a fool, ooh stay open. Jamie, by your side, you're gone, waiting patiently. We'll be together a long time. A guitarist and bongos, Sarah, you're the sweetest one. Brighter than the drama, when will I grow. Rick James did friends in low places. Rachel, a guitarist, did don't forget me when I'm feeling lonely. Don't you ever tell me that you can be my friend. I'll make a mess out of you. This is my battle cry, what I am or will say goodbye, we are damaged souls. The house band did I like the way you work it, no diggity, only $20 in my pocket. The next vocalist started with the early lines of Psalm 23, living in the moment. No woman, no crime, everything is going to be all right, from Nassau, Bahamas. Diamond did ones about what's the time, what's the place, don't leave me out. Summer moon, age 26, wrote next song at 20. One taste baby, is not enough for me. Set me free, satisfy me. Cartier was rapping. Same game over and over, MJ, Ali expectations people put on me, reminisce in the sea. A server, also a vocalist, did come on over, Valerie, stand by me, and dock of the bay. Enable Mind did can't jump off and won't stop. He spoke of Doug Stanhope and Mitch Hedberg.  

No comments:

Post a Comment