Thursday, December 10, 2015

Dick Enberg Card, Button

  I went to the post office in the afternoon and picked up mail there as I had the day off. The two items waiting were E-bay orders, a Dick Enberg trading card and a button. This is my favorite sports announcer, known for saying 'Oh my!' and this became the title of his book, which I do have. The button honors his induction in the baseball hall of fame this year. The trading card is from his time announcing for NBC.
   I went to the post office after I was at the office, as there was a holiday dinner. I like good food and I still wanted to have some. I did get noticed by some, two of them were senior leaders. There was a drawing for gifts but I didn't get any of them. I still recall a time when my employer gave us year-end bonuses, hard to believe it has changed this much.
   It was nice not having much to do today. I didn't feel like getting out of bed for a while so I didn't. But I was still out the door around midday as I wanted to get on the bus and be at the office around 12:30pm for the luncheon. And I was fine with walking home from the post office as I needed the exercise. I did get around to a few things I hadn't done in a while, like check my Linked-In profile. I did leave a message for my esteemed colleague from southern California, hopefully she responds soon as it would be nice to have a copy of her book that is sold at Jack in the Box locations. I hadn't been on this site in months, her connection request was accepted in mid-September. I am on Facebook, even Twitter, more, even said so in what was likely my first-ever posting on the site. I should probably do what I do with the Twitter account: check it once a week to stay relevant.
   I also went through the last 2 months of bank statements to see all listings seemed to be 'On the level'. I just had to refresh my memory on what the Pay-pal transactions were- usually paying my account once a month, or having to pay up front as it was an order from a foreign country. In the evening I went to eat at Taco Bell, and listened to 2 more comedy CDs, by the same comic. These were the ones ordered from Amazon last month, and one of them just arrived last week. One is with the Stand-up label and the other was from Holland, Inc. I recognized how some jokes were on both. Because of this, I didn't watch much of the Vikings-Cardinals football game, Vikings lost a close one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment