Friday, December 18, 2015

Charles In Charge Theme Song

   I went to another burlesque show tonight. I really liked the opener, as I recognized many of the TV shows being referenced, mostly from the 60s and 70s. One of them was 'Charles in Charge', and at this point the theme song was played. But it led to a different ending than expected, as the dancer held up a magazine that had convicted murderer Charles Manson on the cover. I said 'That was a burn'. Others in this number included Fantasy Island, the Jeffersons, Laverne and Shirley, Batman, Star Trek, Brady Bunch, and I Dream of Jeannie. A later number had the song 'What a feeling', which I said sounded familiar and it's because it was from the movie 'Flashdance'. Though the dancer had 'Zoinks' on her undies and I did say she looked more like Velma from 'Scooby doo'. Another notable one was a Salvation Army bell ringer. I thought she looked like Melissa Joan Hart, who was on the TV. show 'Sabrina'. It sounded like she was dancing to a Ludacris song. Then there was dark wing duck dancing to 'Danger zone', a song from the movie 'Top gun'. Just before the break was 'You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch'. After the break the dancer was in a Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer costume, and danced to what I found out was a rap song called 'Important' by MZ007. A fire eater danced to 'Gold lion', by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. It made me laugh at times to see some of their ideas.
   For some reason I thought of the movie 'Last days of disco' while there, not sure why. I know Jennifer Beals was in it, much like 'Flashdance'. But was that it? 'Disco' stands out in my mind as I saw it shortly after moving from Iowa to suburban Chicago in 1998.
   I liked taking a walk around the downtown area at midday when I went to get a sandwich at Erbert Gerbert. While there I thought it was odd to hear the song 'Cruel summer' as it isn't summer. Also during this time I got a Winter Carnival button. I chose the one with the Landmark Center in the background, and a snowman in the foreground. There are four styles to choose from. I was swamped with letter requests due to being out on Thursday, and nobody did them for me. I was able to finish 23, and just one is left in the box. 

No comments:

Post a Comment