Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Shenandoah Battlefields

   I contribute to the Civil War preservation trust, and because of this apparently I will sometimes get mail from similar organizations. Today it was from the Shenandoah valley battlefields foundation. It is a national Civil War conference, to be held in Atlanta in April. But I will not be going as the cost is $550. It says it is about Atlanta, Shenandoah, and the turn to total war. In 1864, the Civil War became a total war, and the world turned to fire. On the other side is the picture of a general, likely to be Stonewall Jackson as there was some mention elsewhere of this general.
   I liked performing at the comedy club tonight, and I knew full well not to sign up until I was ready to go on. So I got my beer, wrote out my set, then signed up. A light crowd at first since it is close to the holiday. I spoke of the 'Hot dog story at Wrigley Field' to the Science Museum employee when I was riding the bus this morning, She laughed really hard about that one. So I knew I had to try it. I also was thinking about the movie 'La Bamba', especially an early scene in it when Bob said 'We are getting out of here tomorrow' (paraphrased). It was due to mention of this expletive the night before, between shows. Seemed odd and a little un-nerving when I had a dream about being late for work this morning, must have been a concern of mine. But thankfully it didn't happen, it was just a dream.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment