Thursday, December 17, 2015

Snoopy, Come Home Movie

   Recently I bought four more Charlie Brown DVDs at Target. Three of them were movies, so now I have all four of the movies made before this year. In the afternoon I watched the last of the four, it was 'Snoopy come home'. I think I had seen at least part of it on TV before. I recalled the line 'You got a used dog, Charlie Brown', it was what Linus said. He did some investigating as to why Snoopy was missing, and it meant calling the Daisy Hill puppy farm. I had to remind myself how it was made a while ago, in 1972 apparently. This would explain why I see some characters in it that aren't seen in the ones I am more familiar with. This may be a rare one that has both Pattys in it, as there is who I call 'Patty #1' as well as Peppermint Patty. Shermy and Freida are in it as well, and those two were later retired much like Patty #1 but show up again in the movie currently in theaters. I did notice the music in it, much like in 'A boy named Charlie brown' it looks like snoopy is playing the same instrument. I am wondering if this is what was known as the 'Jew harp'. It makes a weird twanging sound. The one I had before the most recent buying binge was 'Race for your life', so of course I had seen it already, shortly after buying it. Of these four, hard to say which one I like the best. There is also 'bon voyage' where some of the characters go to Europe. I may like the TV specials more than the movies. I know this is largely true with other franchises, where 'The Simpsons' did a movie version but I don't think I liked it as much as the episodes from the TV show. Some shows do better in a shorter format. The four movies do have their merits, though. Especially when I think none of the TV specials have them 'Going international' like in 'Bon voyage'.
   Yes, I watched a movie in the afternoon. I was out of the office today, using up a vacation day before year end. I did go into the building for some holiday goodies, but unlike last week it wasn't at the office. It was done by the building management, so it was on the first floor in the lobby area. I liked how they had cider there. Then I went to get some popcorn at Candyland and finished it just before I got on the bus back home. I stopped at the post office on the way and picked up what was waiting there, two packages. Both were Charlie brown items, a blanket and a set of 33 trading cards. The cards were put into sheet protectors and a binder right away. It was also odd to still see more mail not for me, but whoever had the PO box before me. One of them was a magazine. Another was a letter with a return address, I did mark it 'Return to sender' and put it back in the mail. The other two items I threw out, I am told I can do this. The other was a postcard about a car warranty, no return address.
   I liked watching 'Big Bang Theory' in the evening as Bob Newhart was a guest star on it, as Obi-Wan in a dream sequence with Sheldon. I liked how they switched between the friends going to see 'Star Wars' - and Amy and Sheldon in the bedroom- and both had the same reactions to what happened. This was the prime time episode. The syndicated rerun was the one where Sheldon was willing to wear a French maid costume to get a meeting with Steven Hawking.
   I also called my dad in the evening, I said I got the JC Penney gift card but was surprised there was no letter included. We spoke about various issues, early on it was about the music of Jerry Reed and it prompted me to get out my greatest hits CD. I bought it as I wanted 'Lord Mr. Ford', a song Dad spoke of when he told me somebody had already written about how a person's status in life is determined by the car they drive. This was when I was in high school and we would go see Des Moines Buccaneers hockey games.   

No comments:

Post a Comment