Monday, December 7, 2015

One Piece At A Time, Johnny Cash

   When I was driving home from the comedy club tonight I was pleased to find 'One piece at a time' by Johnny Cash. I recall hearing it on the radio one Christmas when I was in high school. It is likely known as a 'Novelty song' as it is about getting a free Cadillac one piece at a time while working at the car plant. It does lead me to ask myself what my favorite song is by this artist and I am not sure as there are so many. I like having a shirt I bought at a music shop that has Cash in a silhouette and it says 'Man in black'.
   While at work I got an email asking us to pick up checks from the H.R. office. It seemed odd as I have been on direct deposit for over a decade. Found out it was a 'Correction' on the recent problems with the 'Double dipping' related to becoming a separate company. My check was just under eight dollars and I put it in savings as that is what I normally do with small checks. As I said to the teller, this no longer would be enough to get a movie ticket at some theaters now.
   At the comedy club I did see school bouncer perform although he was not on the printed list. He did another joke about visiting Canada, sounds like he just got back. Bathtub was show closer, I spoke with him and his wife before the show. I liked the one about mail and garbage, it is relatable.
   Also at the comedy club, the button did ones about fruit salad, sincerity, feminist, hold door open, all monsters, and look edible. Red did ones about Austin Powers, Hitler/Dahmer, wizardry, bipolar, Disney princess, little mermaid, scientology, and Marilyn Monroe. Yemen did ones about puffer fish, dic-pic, who is that, snitches, and stitches. Happy Meal did ones about taking back a word, smart phones, abortion, not your choice, and activists. Whopper did ones about I'm real, social media, need the proof, drug deal, watch Becker, and 2 people on mattress. University accountant did ones about buying a bra, Amazon and Facebook, Katie Couric, and shot glass mugs. Tetris did ones about take over a state, red light camera, I'm happy, Hamilton musical, and Google her name. Fever comic did ones about airport sandwiches, cults, smile at work, dueling, excommunicated, and waiting in line. School bouncer also did one about the movie 'blind side'. Sub teacher did ones about kindergarten, North Korea ruler, wild boar hunter, urgent care, planned parenthood, and buying elections. The Wisconsin couple was there. The dude did ones about a Target walk-in clinic, doing yoga, build a deck, Youtube, spank-bank, and Obama-care. The lady did ones about bay area land, good linoleum, aspirin, hot brandy, birthing hips, rent out husband, bunny cookie candy, live in the now, and an 'inprov' class. Maryland did ones about a dollar store, chase squirrel, strip club, sex tape, ho's ain't loyal, he can swim, gas station, 2 blocks creepy, and yoga pants. Wee bit did ones about a trash can baby, gas station condoms, go to gym, ebola, hurricanes, pawn shop shows, Frasier reruns, and oysters. Perkins did ones about asthma, dislike, back barnacles, braces off, mom's bed, Laura Ingalls, co-ops, and show tunes. Bathtub also did ones about wife's job, Mad Men, Barnes and Noble, neutered dog, sister on video tape, Madonna, and pedometer.     

No comments:

Post a Comment