Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Second Winter Hat

   When I arrived at the office this morning I had a winter hat waiting for me. There was a card included with it, an invite to the holiday dinner and party in the main break-room on Thursday. I have that day off already scheduled but I likely will show up just to eat. I've done this before. This is my second winter hat, already had one that looked like the style Charles Lindbergh might have. It was a giveaway item at a Minnesota Wild hockey game. Not sure what I will do with this one, unless it is the typical 'Use it when the other is in the wash' and the primary one likely is due to be washed.
   I did perform at the comedy club tonight. I started off with a response to Blake doing a history joke, specifically Abraham Lincoln. I liked it as I majored in history. I also did one about my recent entry on listening to 'Interstate love song', which has been well-read. It is a reminder of how my first published article was about the closing of the Montgomery Ward stores. I wondered, oh no! is this my destiny- to write about what (or who) is no longer with us? It may be purely coincidental, also looking at how deaths motivated me to start doing comedy and then get more serious at chasing down stage time.
   Also at the comedy club, International Falls did ones about she has another open-mic, river west in Milwaukee, a mic in hard-core band, don't know why I am here, 492 days no HR, and mom's day poem. Fish noodle did ones about the saw movie, camel cigarette coupons, quit smoking, and jealous of rock singers. Long straw did ones about Arby's drive-thru, I like baseball, buffy, Dr. Who, and delete Tinder app. All I had listed for Blake was 'fake Lincoln bio'. Fancy comic did ones about whistle while I work, best day I ever had, bowl of ice cream, willy wonka, white Christmas, mayans, 2012, pecan pie, my love of life, take shirt off, on top of the world, one in a million, and mind and body spirit center. Blind Side did ones about man-scaping, office job, long distance relationship, pop culture icon, sister has 5 kids, broken gumball machine, Oregon trail, and tennis lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment