Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Trashcan Blog

   I was pleased with finding plenty more articles about my friends I know from doing comedy. One of them was about a blog written by Fantasia, called Trashcan. I haven't seen him at the clubs in a while and this seems to explain better as to why. The City Pages article from August states that he writes about celebrities, apparently impersonating them. He got attention from the lawyers of Harry Shearer, a voice actor on 'The Simpsons' although it appears that it means even more people are now reading as a posting about it went viral. The article said he was pranking friends for a while before writing about celebrities. I trust that I wasn't one of them, as I likely would have heard something about it by now. I think of myself as being one of the nicer comics around, so I am not that big on pranking. I just saw a posting on Facebook about how he got a hate message when writing about Donald Trump. I may want to say I am writing about how I just saw mention of it. I still need the time to add the articles to the binder, and tonight wasn't it as I went to the comedy club. It went well performing, even though I was stuck it was just for a short time and I knew an internet dating joke would help. Sometimes one needs to pause anyway. After I was done there I went on to another venue, but their show tonight was a no-go, being close to New Year's Eve. It still was nice to say hi to people I know, and take the time to talk to them when usually I don't for whatever reason. One of them was a barber, and told me some jokes, mostly puns. I took a look at my Facebook invites as well and finally decided on a show to attend for New Year's Eve. It in many ways was process of elimination. One appears to be sold out, another kind of expensive tickets. I inquired about stage time at some upcoming shows as well.
   Also at the comedy club, the taller of the brothers did ones about retaliation, studio apartment, and it's your bathtub. Werewolf did ones about can I kiss it?, Turkish hash, eat an extra donut, drug test, and drunk sex in dark. Long straw did ones about childhood insult, Tom Hanks, hurricane, fedora and cardigan, me in 20 years, safety school, bachelor pad, home alone, frozen soundtrack, MP3s, and creative writing. Lunch Lady did ones about married a Lutheran, Michelle Obama, Twinkies, smoking lounge, Jello salad, dating questionnaire, and state fair food. The shorter of the brothers did ones about midget fight, chess game, pawnshop, Pez dispenser, tree hugger, sunroof, disco ball, Best Buy, 7-11, adopting, Egypt pyramid, and sperm donation. Godmother did ones about kennel cough, Jim Bob Duggar, Dave Grohl, Christmas eve services, action at camp, fur and fragrance, secret shopper, science fairs, MN nice, thin the herd, and designated driver. Magic Man did ones about dad in assisted living, hoarders TV show, nice dinner and seduce, how to clean book, home away from home, and seeing aliens. Locks of Love did ones about American pickers, 8 years doing stand-up, hunting trips, mental illness, menopause, therapy off and on since age 12, quiet riot, and anti-social disorder. Others were about my family's crazy too, start a rap group, and 8-day marriage. Software developer did ones about Pac-man, in the game to win, motorcycle accident, not winning over PETA, not wearing helmet, adopted from China, and Leann Chin. Fargo Moorhead did ones about Walmart pepper spray, allergies, cooking reality TV, have some pride, and Gil from the Simpsons. Wee bit did ones about smell on bus, hot chicks, homeless people, text message, put away wallet, bun in oven, large marge, angry pirate, and chocolate waffle. Laundry did ones about if it goes well, hot dogs in fridge, hear dog whistles, camping prank, bio-freeze, not a napkin, life hands you lemons, sex and consequences, passive aggressive parent, and rides to Coon Rapids.    

No comments:

Post a Comment