Thursday, December 24, 2015

Confident, Demi Lovato

   Tonight when I was driving to church for the Christmas Eve service, I heard a song on my radio that asked 'What's wrong with being confident?' Well, nothing at all. I found out it was called 'Confident' by Demi Lovato. I found it on Youtube later on, and the video has a prison theme where she is asked to find somebody who is wanted. I probably need to listen to it again as I was more focused on the video than the words and music.
  Before and after the service, I watched the movie 'La Bamba' on DVD. I did a full day at work, where my work spouse did wonders on finding supplies. How did it happen? I didn't ask. I was just thankful. I referred to an episode of 'Facts of life' where Mrs. Garrett asked Jo how she got beer. And Jo said 'I got beer'. Learn from the best, or know the best, that is my credo.
  I had hoped to get to the grocery store but it was not to be, as it closed early for the holiday, at 4pm. So I got the food I needed at a Super-America, and then a Family Dollar. At the SA it was some microwave popcorn, Lay's BBQ chips, and some peanut butter cookies. At Family Dollar it was a can of chili, and I knew well enough to get there shortly after the prime time episode of 'Big bang theory' was done. The store was closing at 8pm, and I got there about 15 minutes prior. I didn't know what else I wanted to eat, and of course it doesn't take long to heat up some chili on the stove top.
   I watched 2 Big Bang Theory episodes tonight. Syndicated rerun was when Sheldon saw Santa in a dream after he spoke of a wish that didn't come true when he was young. Raj found out he can be just as lonely as Amy. Prime time episode was when the mothers of Sheldon and Leonard met, and they are opposites. Raj, Howard, and Stuart were told by Bernadette to clean up the kitchen and they were singing 'Hard knock life' from the movie 'Annie' as the show ended.
   At the church service, I still like the feeling of melted candlewax on my fingers. I will tip the candle on purpose so I will get to feel it. I liked getting some photos while there after the service, one was of paper fans that had some kids drawings on the back. Another was of a painting on the wall of the church. Before I arrived, after walking from my car, I liked seeing inside of a former Woolworth's store in downtown St. Paul. There was a sign I could see that said 'Escalator' and what looked like a counter, possibly the lunch counter. I could see the escalators well, and got 3 photos. I may want to go back and get some when the sun is up as I may get a better view. The windows had been covered up for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment