Saturday, December 26, 2015

Central African States

    I pick up mail at the post office box at least once a week. I did have one E-bay order there, it was the postcards of currency, sent from Israel. I ordered the American, Canadian, and British cards. To my surprise, there was a fourth sent. It was the Central African states. On the opposite side it said 'World's circulating coins series 2013'. For the Central African states, the basic unit is the franc. This makes sense the writing on the paper money is in French. There are eight coins depicted along with the paper money, the coins are the 1, 2, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, and 500 franc coins. The paper money is 10,000 francs. The other three postcards have an inset image of the nation's flag, this one does not. I chose those three as those are nations I have either lived in or visited. And of course when I have become interested in coin collecting again this year, I happened to find this online after finding the ones about a big coin in Canada being a tourist attraction in Sudbury, Ontario. I have heard of the central African republic, I was not sure if this is the same as this nation as I know nations do change names at times. I decided to inquire further online, and according to Wikipedia this is the banking system for 6 different African nations, and Central African Republic is one of them. the others are: Cameroon, Chad, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, and Congo. I had heard of Cameroon as I had a college roommate who claimed it as one of his native nations, along with Senegal.
   After going to the library and printing things, I went to Bobby and Steve's in Minneapolis and had a F'real strawberry milkshake and some Godfather's pizza. I discovered these shakes this year, nice to be able to blend them yourself. Then it was home for a little while, and eventually to the grocery store. I also picked up a movie from redbox as I have a free night available. I should be able to watch it on Sunday.
   I went to a CD recording for one of my friends, as Big dog was headlining at the comedy club. Stillwater was MC and Fever comic was feature, IED/IUD did a guest set. I did get one souvenir from this night, he had a red promo card left over from a Turkeys show that I didn't have yet. I laughed a lot, it was the fifth CD recording I was a part of. School bouncer was there, I was surprised at first as I thought he was out of town for the holiday. He said he just got back. This CD will be with the Stand-up Records label, more than half of the CDs I have that were done by friends are from this label. I said I wouldn't have missed it for the world as I figured he was good enough to do one. I knew I was part of a 'Warm-up' show he did a year ago, then I wondered 'What happened? as I didn't hear anything for a while. Doing some politicking at this show may help on getting more stage time soon. I had to say to Mason City's friend, an ex-New Yorker, that I really wanted to make it to sketch filming but it didn't fit my schedule. Sounds like Sundays may be made available to me soon. I can more easily make it on a Sunday. It felt weird to hear how one sketch was scrapped as I couldn't make it. I didn't know I was that big of a deal, where something just doesn't happen without me. Was something like this what inspired the Eminem song of the same name? The other was a show I haven't done in over a month, that I may be doing again soon. I had to say I hadn't been contacted, and I said 'Do what you can' to somebody that appeared to be a lieutenant.  

No comments:

Post a Comment