Sunday, December 20, 2015

Disney Holiday Countdown Calendar

    I like trying items from the discount table at the grocery store. This week it was the Disney holiday countdown calendar. There were many themes to choose from, but this is the one I knew best. I got it for just a dollar, also why I am more willing to try things from this table. There are 24 chocolates, they are very small. It says the calorie content of the entire package is just 270. One sees Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Pluto on this box. I have eaten 20 of them, stopping at this number as I am now caught up. I ate 16 on the previous day and 4 today, but the 16 was 2 separate sessions of 8. On the back of the box it speaks of coloring Mickey and his friends in, then ask an adult to help with cutting out these things along the dotted lines. Punch a hole in the top of the keepsake, and with a piece of string, make fun Mickey holiday decorations. I guess this does explain one thing I saw in the movie 'National Lampoon's Christmas vacation' which served as the transitions between scenes. But when I was young my family had nothing like this, a countdown calendar with doors to open.
   I got the laundry done early, so I could get to the Bears-Vikings game. I was on the road just after 11am, and found a place to park before I got on the light rail to the stadium. The Vikings won 38-17, and never trailed in this one. The Bears just weren't moving the ball well enough. I didn't see the first half of the first quarter as it took a while to get through security checks and then scanning tickets. I did notice a firefighter next to a Salvation Army kettle outside the stadium, it became my first photo of the day. I did leave my seat just before halftime to beat the crowds that wanted food, and got chicken tenders and fries. I saw somebody try to remove a cover from a water fountain, even though it said they were shut off for the rest of the season. I was back in my seat before the second half began, looks like there was a mascot game at halftime. I left my seat again at the end of the third quarter to go to the bathroom, I liked how I didn't need to go for a while. After the game I thought about taking the light rail back to my car but it was a long wait to get on so I got out of the line and started walking. I ended up at the Bobby and Steve's as I wanted a milkshake that gets prepared in a blending machine. It appears to be like the machine for Blizzard treats at Dairy Queen. One clerk asked if I was going to blend it there, I said I wanted to pay for it first.
   When I got home I watched some of the later football games, but eventually fell asleep. Somebody opened the door of my home, I said 'Hey, hi' but I never saw them as they must have realized it was the wrong door. I was back on the light rail in the evening to get to a comedy show. I liked doing a joke about taunts I have had directed at me at previous Bears-Vikings games. Another was about the burlesque show I attended this weekend.
   Also at the comedy club, Brawler did ones about blatant racism, asking about Hanukkah, scary part of Texas, hat for horns, condom before party, and the chicken dance at a wedding. Fargo Moorhead did ones about reality TV, restaurant not doing well, Gil on Simpsons, trim beard, what touche means, and PSAs at airport. Maryland did ones about Holi-dazzle, MOA protest, eye appointment, shot lion, Friends on Netflix, strip club names, sex tape, and water on Mars. Opera singer did ones about Allman Brothers and Journey, historical re-enactor, went to music school, U of M lifeguard, and how tornadoes work. Turtle check did ones about based on how I feel, server favorites, made-up drinks, winter weight, steak sandwich, baked potato, hipster erotica, and strict vegans. School bouncer did ones about shower on Instagram, everybody loves Raymond, kid destroyed classroom, Ben Carson, and create ISIS rift. Fish noodle did ones about HS prom lock-in, almost in a car crash, Freddie Mercury, and serial killer notebook. Long straw did ones about cynical advertising, Don Rickles, Frozen soundtrack, buying calendars, homeward bound, and asparagus.

No comments:

Post a Comment