Friday, December 25, 2015

Roger Rabbit Movie

    I stayed in for most of this Christmas holiday, and one of the things I did was watch the Roger Rabbit movie on DVD. I had found it at Target recently and liked how I could replace another one of my VHS tapes. I recall seeing it at the theater when I was young. I am not sure how I feel about the taxicab being the background voice on the table of contents, as it said 'Where to?' and sounded like a Don Rickles- type insult comic. Sometimes I do need to be pushed a little to get going, but I am still used to DVDs just playing music in a loop when one gets to the welcome page. Now the movie itself is still as good as I had remembered, worthy of 4 Oscars. I still like the weasels in it as the cops, the henchmen to Judge Doom, played by Christopher Lloyd. And I do like the taxicab saying things like 'And how about those Brooklyn Dodgers, are they bums or what?' or 'No it's Shirley Temple, or Eleanor Roosevelt'. I do recall reading before how this book and movie was inspired by 'Chinatown' starring Jack Nicholson. Since of course toon-town is a suburb of Hollywood in this movie.
   I did the dishes and recycle last night, then put away the dishes and took out recycle today. I only went out to take care of the recycle in the afternoon, and in the same trip out I went to the Super-America and got a few items. One of them was the Minneapolis paper, also got 2 Reese's peanut butter trees, 2 cheese sticks, and a bottle of Heineken beer. I had thought about going to Buca di Beppo, same as last year, but no tables were available and I figured take-out would take a while like it did for Thanksgiving. I had a Banquet turkey dinner in the freezer so all I needed was a drink with it when I had the microwave popcorn as well. It was cheaper than Buca, and they had no holiday dinner being advertised. It was nice to get caught up on some things, like watch another DVD besides 'Roger Rabbit'- the Seinfeld comedy documentary I had bought at a secondhand store last month. It had plenty of well-known comedians in it besides Seinfeld, including Jay Leno and Garry Shandling when he visits Los Angeles. I mostly listened to the 'Yule log' program while being online, didn't watch it much as the scenery doesn't change much. It was good background music when I was online.

No comments:

Post a Comment