Sunday, December 6, 2015

Shout Outs Galore

   I went to the comedy club tonight and performed, but even before I took the stage I was getting shout outs galore from most performers. I am pleased to get one, or even two, a show, but this was way more. Some of them were the same jokes from the contest last night, like the one about Taco Bell. There was definitely a new one about a date scheduled for today that was canceled, was told my date 'Had met someone else'.
   After the show I did go to YouTube, and I finally looked up a video of comedian Steven Wright. This comic was mentioned to me by a senior leader at my office, the one who has a daughter working in underwriting. It was helpful to see, it was a 10-minute 'best of'. There was plenty of one-liners, often about his own life, really dour, some of these things sound just like me.
    I watched another Charlie Brown DVD today, my annual viewing of the Thanksgiving special. I went to the library to print something, then to a Target and got two more DVDs. It was hard to find a DVD to replace the same movie on VHS but I did, it was 'Roger Rabbit'. The other was a Charlie Brown video, 'Christmas tales'. I think this is the one I just saw on Monday on the night of the anniversary show.
   I did exchange some text messages with a friend in St. Louis, but we were unable to find a time that works for both of us to talk on the phone. At midday I was free but she said 'Getting ready for work'. In the evening I said I was headed to a comedy show, then she said she wished my sets were online. I said some of them were. Last time we had communicated was in the middle of October, so I told myself it was time to try again.
   Also at the comedy club, opera singer did one about a group hug, I got a shout out. Others were about being a bartender, U of M lifeguard, hiking near river, broken phone, and out of data. Cee-note did ones about boss's TV joke, delivering pizza, weed no tobacco, and anti-abortion billboard. Blake did ones about hear it for me, and a shout-out. Others were about tip jar, vote with money, mind reading, laundry isn't hard, Yukon territory, and kindergarten graduation. I got another shout-out about Iowa football from opera singer. Long straw did ones about a hat guy, minor league baseball, and Ritalin. Wee bit did ones about sound proof casket, visiting Great Britain, pawn shop show, crowd work, non-profit, abortion, and high school teachers. Note page did ones about indoor cats, humane society, and 7 cats doesn't like them. Perkins did ones about phantom of the opera, braces off, heavens gate, broken pinkie toe, kick a statue, letterman credits, Laura Ingalls, co-ops, and Campus Pizza 2.0. Maryland did ones about slut shaming, oysters, an a-hole arrived, masturbation, protests at mall, eye appointment, Apollo Creed movie, and house in Detroit. Chalm Skinn did ones about Connecticut Yankee, Patriots game, Arizona tea, and jack and Coke.

No comments:

Post a Comment