Saturday, December 5, 2015

Afternoon Date, Evening Contest

   This became an eventful day. I had to move up my visit to the post office as I had a date scheduled for 1pm. There was just one item as I had just picked up on Friday, and it was not for me. So I wrote 'Return to sender' and put it back in the mail. The date was at a coffee shop, and I picked up a shirt at a nearby Target before I went to the date. I liked having lemon poppy seed bread with the pumpkin spice coffee. It lasted one hour, and then we both had to leave to go do other things. I went to the library to print things, including a ticket to a Gopher hockey game next month vs. Michigan State. After I got back from the library I went to the grocery store, and then watched a DVD I had bought on Friday. It was 'Bon voyage, Charlie brown'. I chose that one first out of the three I bought in the past week as I had this one on VHS and wanted to junk the VHS copy, which I did after it was done. I checked my cabinet and as expected my VHS movies have dwindled, to about 50. Now of course I have a renewed interest in trying to junk more of them if I can find the same movie on DVD. I may just have to hope to luck out in finding one at a store, unless I try ordering them online from E-bay or Amazon as I have accounts with both. I did speak of Charlie Brown specials on the date, as some of them are childhood memories of going to see them at the theater. What surprised me was finding out I apparently don't have 'Frosty the Snowman' on video and I honestly expected that I did. Of the four most popular Christmas specials, it is the only one I don't have. The Grinch, and Rudolph, I have on DVD. Last time I had seen 'Bon voyage' was likely when I was in a relationship, and that ended more than two years ago. It is funny to watch on some level, I think mainly because Snoopy drives the car. Also the way peppermint patty acts around Charlie, and Marcie.
   In the evening I watched the first half of the Big Ten championship game from Indianapolis, Iowa led 6-3 at the half. Then I had to go to the comedy club for the contest, and when I got back I found out Iowa lost to Michigan State 16-13. I was one of eight performers in the contest tonight, and knew just 3 of the other 7. This included Fish Noodle and the Yemen native. I didn't advance but I never have advanced past the first round in a contest. I am just thankful for the stage time.
   Also at the comedy club, Fish noodle did ones about weird good mood, high school prom lock-in, favorite swear word, almost in car crash, can't afford this, drawing tongues, bad pun, and catfish eat arm. Pontoon did ones about hates weather, miss summer, pontoon parade, big sugar bush lake, and not good on resume. Others were about mom triple teamed, spider check, quit job, 20 high lighters, likes candy, and missing person ad. Former bartender did ones about piano lessons, taco-cat, Nebraska, GI Joe, dad's urn, give it a stir, and naked photos.
   Conga line was headliner. She did ones about not a farmer, paper boy, left handed, scissors, Subaru, vice grip, ugly gym teachers, fresh prince of bel air, gay marriage, bumper sticker, prove it, Salma  Hayek, Paula Deen, tramp stamp, where is my cat?, cat scratch fever, didn't know pregnant, holy water, squirt guns, magician at funeral, up a down escalator, Kenny G workout, been expecting you, skipping rocks, and mom in coffee shop. There was a call back to scissors, a shout out. Others were about message in mittens, red welts, blow hole, punching hole in wall, wiener mobile, smart car, truck nuts, hope for red light, MOA lost and found, hat cellphone umbrella, walk dogs, clown car, dog park, twerking, testa-roni, vasectomy, bad pun, it has 3 legs, seeing eye person, promote the CD, podcast sticker, phone booth, and basket on door step. Pontoon advanced tonight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment