Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Soul Meets Body, Death Cab For Cutie

    Recently I heard a song and had to pay close attention to some lyrics in order to write them down and look it up online later. This included 'Silence takes me too' and 'Melody softly'. The most likely answer was 'Soul meets body' by Death Cab For Cutie. I don't know this band all that well. Based on hearing it again on YouTube, I don't think I heard all of it the first time as the early part of the song is different, in my opinion slower.
   When I got home I had hoped to see the local news on at 6pm but it was not to be. The shooting in San Bernardino, CA led to extended coverage as a 'Special report'. The local news was on at 6:30 instead and the program note was how Wheel of Fortune would be moved to an overnight time, like 12:30am. I did perform at the comedy venue tonight. I like how there still was a show in spite of the news of the day. I go out to forget about life for a while.
   At the office we did 'Wii dancing' for the first time in a while. When I arrived the event coordinator was dancing to 'Funky town'. We had been doing walking outside or in the skyway. There was a low volume on the payoff report, which surprised me. Others we danced to included Mambo number 5, Song 2 (or woo-who), hot stepper, and kung fu fighting.
   Also at the comedy venue, spoken words did we can do this together. It was followed by Stevie Wonder made beautiful music, name it R. Kelly, CIA, Emmett Till, BET, 3rd eye blind, Gregory Hines, Sammy Davis, spit shines. Garret on guitar did customer service song, hydra, Hercules, hail before me, Paul Revere, cannot save you from yourself, how may I help you, intentions are true. Show runner did a Sunny in Philadelphia reference. Radio Ali did just move around, I know myself, get some static, that radio sound, raise it up, this life is crucial. Old man's money, generation answer with same question. Too many letters, not enough names, scream and shout. Reminds me of the blitzkrieg. Pandemonium, rich get rich, poor have more children, bite the hand that feeds you. I am seeing horse racing on TV, reminds me of my dad saying 'plug you better run'. Osiris, a vocalist, did Creep by Radiohead. Strange fruit, by Billie Holliday, and Riptide, 'sing the wrong words'. A guitar player did why don't we get drunk and screw. Show runner did hit the road Jack, stairway to heaven, all along the watch tower, and give me shelter. There was a trumpet player as well. Twisted knobs did work fingers to the bone just for cocaine, live for today, what matters most of all is you and I. Airway did bright lights of possibility, we in Minnesota, people want to see me, I can take it, I'm the same one.

No comments:

Post a Comment