Sunday, December 13, 2015

Nothing Compares To You, Sinead O'Connor

  This weekend marked the first anniversary of the passing of a friend in the comedy community, Bill Young. I am still learning things about him. One Facebook posting said he performed 'Nothing compares to you' by Sinead O'Connor at karaoke night. Because of this information, I decided to find this song on Youtube and listen to it for the first time in a while. I like the passion in it, even though I say this all the time about the music I like. It is because I am looking for music with passion as I respond to it better. It is a sad song about a relationship that has ended, but these stories still need to be told. This is evident in lyrics like 'Nothing can take away these blues'. Also the mention of being lonely. And mention of 'Went to the doctor, guess what he told me'. We likely have all met someone like this in our life. I know I did decide to give a good friend of mine, my 'Ohio friend', the name 'Peerless one' as she does seem to be in a class by herself when it comes to all of the friends that I have. The video to this song is mostly Sinead singing it right in front of the camera, another thing that proves to me how much passion it has besides of course how some tears go down her face. It did remind me of a song with a similar theme, and I did find it on Youtube as well, 'Head over feet' by Alanis Morissette. Alanis does the same thing but at times in the video she looks away.
   Besides going to the comedy club in the evening, I got plenty done today. There was the chores like dishes, trash and recycle, but also watching another Charlie brown DVD, 'Boy named Charlie brown' where he goes to the spelling bee. And there was getting more online articles into sheet protectors and into binders. I spoke of this to Mason City in a Facebook posting about a Bill Young article, and he made a joke about 'Binders full of women', a reference to what Mitt Romney said in a presidential debate in 2012.
   Also at the comedy club, Brawler did ones about visiting dad, captain America and Batman, and we grew up in the same home. Red did ones about DTF, internships, safe word, Marilyn Monroe, Batman, Hitler/Dahmer, marriage hustle, vacuum, wizardry, bipolar, and Kanye West. Fargo Moorhead did ones about cursed photo, desserts at office, Xanax from friend, get re-max, death cab for cutie, things that are too loud, shank a stoolie, coin star, and chicken rice lamb humans. Wee bit did ones about just felt right, gas station condom, studio apartment, oysters, take a hike, chuck e cheese, advice at gym, cartoon cat, NSA, and free couch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment