Sunday, April 10, 2016

everybody hurts, avril lavigne

when I was out and about this afternoon I heard three songs I knew. it was a cover of 'everybody hurts' by REM, 'if I die young' by the band perry, and 'jar of hearts' by Christina perri. when I tried to find out who did the cover, what I found on youtube was avril lavigne. but her song called 'everybody hurts' is just the same name, a decidedly different song. some of the lyrics did resonate with me, including 'it seems like i'm losing something deep inside me' and 'it's OK to be afraid'. I did see avril in concert in 2005 in Moline, IL, and I did like some of her early songs like 'complicated'. I got a picture of one of the things I liked seeing, it was a bike with a horn, at the Roseville library. I did honk the horn and then got out of there right away before somebody asked 'what are you doing?' I even found 15 cents on the pavement, next to some glass shards. it was 10 pennies and a nickel. still surprised to find coins as often as I do. it was thrown into the change bank, and before long I will be ready to go back to the bank and turn in what I have. it is already over eight dollars and the card used to keep track of it will be full soon.
  the day will also be remembered for performing. I had a 7:30am time slot at the comedy marathon, which may have thrown my sleep patterns off but I was thankful to have the stage time. I had plenty of notes, 24 bullet points, but used just half of it. it's not too often where I get this long of a set, 30 minutes, and I was afraid I wouldn't know how to handle it. but I did just fine. I did ones about my grandpa and grain belt beer, a guidance counselor, gangsters in st. paul, internet dating, I kept saying 'thank you' to the event coordinator, going to bobby and steve's, my boss, a spare credit card, my work spouse, a colleague being nice, and a hank Williams interview. some of them I did at the donut party in the afternoon as well. I did sleep some after getting back from the marathon, and from the donut party. in fact I missed some of 'the simpsons' due to it.but I did understand there was something about 'the bad news bears' as a broadway play. at first I thought it was a parody of 'damn yankees'.

No comments:

Post a Comment