Saturday, April 23, 2016

purple rain movie, prince

tonight I went to the mall of America theater and saw the movie 'purple rain'. first time seeing a movie there. it was free admission, just needed a wrist band. I still have it on as I write these words, but will cut it off before retiring for the night. first time seeing the movie, and it may be just as well that I didn't see it when it was new. I was young then, and the scenes with the parents fighting was a little too familiar as my parents did this too. but there were some funny scenes as well, and one of them reminded me of the 'who's on first' routine that abbott and Costello did. I said just about everything related to this event said 'Minnesota'. seeing it at mall of America, drinking a grain belt beer there, wearing a st. paul saints hat and jersey, and the movie was filmed at first avenue, the Minneapolis music venue. besides beer I also had some popcorn. after the movie I went to get pizza, at 'villa'. there was clapping at the end, which I don't see that often at movies. guess I did see this happen when I saw the beatles movie 'hard day's night', when it was re-released to theaters. 'purple rain' reminded me of '8-mile', as prince was essentially playing himself in it much like Eminem did in '8-mile'. and both are Midwestern musicians. I liked it, thankful I finally saw it. and it worked for me to see it there as I preferred to see it in a theater. the screening at the twins stadium didn't appeal to me near as much.
  I went to the first of three showings for the day there, starting just after 5pm. I saw that my chores and errand running were completed before then. it was no big deal, pick up mail at post office box, return a redbox movie, turn in change at the bank, and send a donation to goodwill. there was $11.90 in change counted, and exactly two dollars of it was pennies so it does pay to save and pick them up. the exterminator visit prompted me to think of donating to goodwill, seeing some items I just wasn't using. or just as important, they reminded me of my relationship that ended over two years ago. I already have 62 cents now in the change bank from just today.
   I also went to resistable comic's show at a micro-brewery in st. paul tonight, after getting back from the movie of course. but I made a wrong turn and was late, even though there was no excuse for it as I had been there before. although it had been a while.
  also notable was going to the library. I picked up three history books at their used book sale. one was about the war of 1812, of interest to me as it did reach some Midwestern cities like Chicago, then known as fort Dearborn. and I decided to delete most of the 'quotes of the day' from my Hotmail account, and it went back to 2008. it meant discovering some emails that I didn't know were still there, like being fixed up with somebody who just wanted to talk about british royalty. and there were many from when I was in a relationship. this morning I had a dream involving fans of NFL teams- the jets, packers, and bears. a bears blanket was left in the street and run over. no surprise there.

No comments:

Post a Comment