Monday, April 25, 2016

sign of the times, prince

i went over to the first avenue music venue in Minneapolis to see the prince memorial there and got a picture of it. there was also some signs that fans had signed. I added some words, saying I liked the song 'sign of the times'. the song is social commentary, and being a history nerd that is why I like it. it touches on many subjects, like a 'big disease with a little name' (AIDS), as well as gangs (high on crack, toting a machine gun). this continues with a hurricane killing people at a church, the TV being 'if it bleeds it leads', sister killed a baby, send to moon, and a cousin's drug use. what I also liked is that it didn't necessarily offer solutions, but asked some valid questions. this was evident in one line being 'o why?' I know I have done this in my writings before as well. there weren't a lot of prince songs that I liked, but no doubt I like this one. i went there after performing at the donut show, i walked over there. and as i was walking back i knew full well i probably wasn't going to make it back to my car or the venue in time to get to a bathroom. so thankfully i noticed a grocery store had a bathroom and took care of things there. i looked around after this but there wasn't anything i truly wanted to buy so i left and continued on with my journey.
   before leaving for the show this afternoon i went to the JC penney in Roseville as i needed to replace two shirts for the office. both were bought from the discount rack, and with the gift card for my birthday it all cost me a dollar and change. one of them was purple, i said 'why not?' as of course i had prince in mind. i noticed i needed two shirts after doing laundry this morning as there was a tear in one after i got them home. and what i did is typical, i ripped it up and threw it in the trash.
   after the show i picked up a few items at family dollar, then watched 'the simpsons'. the episode was about going to the grand canyon and stealing what was needed from the rich. then i did the dishes, and eventually fell asleep. then it was off to Walgreen for another errand, and there was a man operating a machine, it was very loud. not a floor buffer, it moved around more like a vacuum.  

No comments:

Post a Comment