Tuesday, April 5, 2016

feeling minnesota movie

I found a movie I wanted to see at the shoreview library, two actually. I watched one of them tonight shortly after getting back, it was 'feeling minnesota' from 1996. it was weird, to say the least. I knew going into it that it was about a love triangle, two brothers wanting the same woman, and one of the brothers was played by Keanu reeves. I had hoped to notice where it had been filmed, but all I could tell for sure was one scene when they are driving had the grain belt beer sign in Minneapolis. IMDB listed the thunderbird hotel as well, in Bloomington near the mall of America, and this was a hotel shown near the end of the movie. I liked hearing 'ring of fire' by johnny cash at the start of the movie, and a version by bob Dylan in the closing credits. but I am thankful I didn't pay money to see it at the theater or as a rental. the other movie I got on loan from the library was 'man on the moon', about comedian andy kaufman. I was able to get there just before closing time, which is 9pm. I should be able to get both back this weekend.
   at work I did meet with an underwriting supervisor as part of the mentoring program I signed up for. he did help me some with pointers about interviewing, and it was also helpful that we stayed within the time allotment. I was busy getting more of the settled and paid in full letters done, but still not yet caught up.
   my bus friend in the evening, the attorney, was carrying a hard plastic cooler. she said it had lunches in it for colleagues who were coming back to the office after being in maternity leave. I said I think of myself as being the good friend as well, supporting friends in different ways emotionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment