Saturday, April 9, 2016

the summer help movie

saw another movie at the MSP film-fest tonight, it was 'the summer help'. it was a documentary about college students, mostly from eastern Europe, coming to America to work summer jobs. this also had a movie short before it about street photography. I liked asking a question of the film-maker after the screening, it was about the process of who they decided to profile in the movie. I was informed how it wasn't too much different from casting calls for other movies. the film-maker was inspired to cover this subject after being an instructor at the American university in Bulgaria.
   it was the typical busy day for me on the errand running. I was surprised when I went to the post office how something was waiting at my box. I made four e-bay orders this week, and they were all from foreign countries. one from japan was there, it was a sheet of Charlie brown and snoopy stamps. I also went back to shoreview to return the two DVDs this week, and noticed a new library was under construction next to the current one. I went over to the community center to find the linus statue, and it was on the lower level. it may have been my first time seeing it since the bill young memorial, over a year ago. I typed some thank-you letters in response to birthday cards that were sent last month. I had meant to do this on Friday but I got too busy at the office.
   I also made my first visit to the comedy marathon this weekend. I wanted to do a look-around and become familiar with things before I end up performing there. I didn't bid on any of the silent auction items this time, I told myself I shouldn't have to pay to be on a podcast. one of the performance I saw there depicted a vacation to a tropical destination for some ladies, and I liked them playing a parody of the green day song 'wake me up when September ends'.

No comments:

Post a Comment