Sunday, April 17, 2016

mickey mouse nippon postcard

recently I made an e-bay order for some Charlie brown postage stamps from japan. I received them, and like some other orders there was a throw-in to it. in this case it was two postcards of other animated characters. much like the Charlie brown stamps they are stamped 2014, and say 'nippon'. one of them has mickey mouse on it as the postage, and under it is Minnie mouse and Donald duck. the other has Winnie the pooh and piglet as the postage, and mickey mouse characters under it including pluto the dog and goofy. even though it was unexpected, I like having them. also a nice message in small print at the bottom of the card saying 'happiness is a state of mind'. the rest is in Japanese so I don't know what it is saying. like most postcards I put them in a photo album, but it meant going to Walmart today after performing at the donut show as I know that store still has them and not many do. at least at an affordable price and the type where I can slip one card in a page and most of them will fit. I had a definite backlog as I got 22 of them in it once I brought it home. two were bought this week as part of the 'art crawl' in the downtown st. paul skyway, of union depot and the saints baseball stadium. I even like including free ones from non-profits that want my money. it is more like a notecard or greeting card, and is called 'parade partners'. it is three kids sitting on a curb waving American flags, waiting for a parade. others were from the Chicago-land visit in march, and a big number of these were from the frank Lloyd wright home and studio in oak park. I still need to leave feedback stating I got the orders. when I pick them up at the p.o. box over the weekend, when I am doing plenty of chores and errand running, I am not always thinking of going to e-bay right away.
  I spent much of my day getting comedy souvenirs into binders, something I hadn't done for a few months. it was the typical show announcement cards, and some were from last year like the ones from NYC and Toronto. I am not sure why those weren't put in sheet protectors and binders before, but I know I need the time and energy for that project. a few things will not be included and put in the shredder as I want to stress quality of course.
   it went fine performing, I brought out the 'Cajun cougar' joke, one I hadn't done in a while. I also answered a joke that another comic had about Charles Lindbergh. when I am a history major I know full well I probably can tell a better history joke than most. in the evening I called my dad and got no answer. he later called me during the 10pm news and said there was a bad connection. I stated when I wanted to make it to des moines for an iowa cubs game this season. we spoke about various subjects as usual, and he wanted to talk about elections and supreme court vacancies. I preferred it more when it was about t.v. shows. but I even said this when I was in Toronto, how I would much rather talk about entertainers than politicians.  

No comments:

Post a Comment