Friday, April 29, 2016

social media party

I went to a show in downtown st. paul tonight, known as 'the social media party'. I knew one of the performers and left shortly after he was done as it was getting late.
  I heard about this show as there was a card advertising it at the erbert gerbert I go to for a sandwich once a week. I found out the man who made my sandwich was one of the performers, but not the one I knew. the store manager was also there, and I liked being able to speak at length as usually there is no time for that when I want to be on time back at work. I had earplugs as usual, and he spoke of having ringing in his ears from too many concerts. I was standing for a while at this show, and at times between acts I needed to go into the other room just so I could sit down. eventually I was offered a seat on the wall that had 'reserved' signs up. this was offered by the lady that was with the store manager. I was invited to have some of the fries that arrived, and one of those I shared it with was an older woman from the virgin islands that now lives in Miami. I think she was the mother of one of the performers. it would have been nice to stay for the entire show but it was much longer than most of the comedy shows that I attend. doors opened at 8:30 pm, I was there around 8:45 when the show was about to start though it did not start until about 9:15pm. the performer I wanted to see was done just after midnight, and it looks like according to the posted lineup that it run close to bar close at 2am. I did like seeing a longer set than typical, close to an hour. but this was also what made the show longer, when I think most everybody got this long and this is not typical at comedy shows. but I already knew how a music concert is going to be different. many of them were rappers. and it was called the social media party as they were looking for social media connections. there was a TV monitor near the stage and it showed their image while onstage along with their social media connections. naturally this includes facebook and twitter, but in music I am also hearing more about sound cloud. I tried going there before but somebody else had that name and thanks to the show announcement card I found the alternate spelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment