Thursday, April 7, 2016

it's not butter

I, like many other people in the office this week, have been partaking of the goodies that have been left in the break rooms after these high level i.t. meetings in the main conference room have finished. one of them appeared to be yogurt. when I was claiming some of it this afternoon I saw my senior leader and he said 'it looks like butter'. I said it's not butter, I wouldn't eat it if it was. there was some banana bread and grapes as well, had to 'get while the getting is good' with the banana bread. not sure how much longer this group will be in the office, but I understand most of them are out of towners.
   I was covering for my 'tag team partner' and had an advisory board meeting in the afternoon so I was busy for most of the day. it meant I got to fewer of the settled and paid in full letters. but I have no meetings scheduled for Friday, and Friday is a good catch-up day when it is the lowest volume day in terms of the payoff report.
   this evening after I was done watching 'big bang theory' I went to eat at taco bell. then later on I went to pick up some things at the family dollar. I looked at all of the CDs and DVDs there, I have made some nice finds before. I got one CD, Nirvana, 'unplugged in new york'. the cashier heard how I spent the start of my visit looking at all of them and wondered why I got just one. I said some of them I already had, others didn't interest me. and this was true. I also got some microwave popcorn, toilet paper, laundry soap, and something made by JIF. it was pretzels and peanut butter, ate it shortly after getting home. it was the first time in a while that I had bought laundry soap, as I was working on a container of granular soap that I got after being in the studio audience at twin cities live, I think more than 2 years ago. odd how I found plenty of loose change inside the store, 14 cents, a dime and 4 pennies. it went into my change bank. some was on the floor in the aisles, others was at the check out counter. the latter was likely left behind by an earlier patron. I know I had to ask about what was still on the counter, napkins if I am not mistaken. she said the earlier patron didn't want it. the cashier was also interested in what was going on outside, something about somebody had their dog tied up. now that reminds me of what I saw at taco bell. I saw a dude in a union jack shirt show up, leather jacket, leather gloves as well. he said to his lady 'have whatever you want'. for some reason I like watching how couples interact with each other. it seems to mean more to me after having been in a long term relationship.
   I watched 2 'big bang theory' episodes tonight. syndicated rerun was when leonard did a graduation speech via skype. prime time episode was about raj being too involved with Bernadette's pregnancy, and at one point giving them a big teddy bear that was bigger than him. the other two couples went on a camping retreat, but stayed inside due to the rain. and it led to secrets revealed due to playing the drinking game 'never have I ever'.

No comments:

Post a Comment