Wednesday, April 6, 2016

man on the moon movie

I watched the other DVD on loan from the library tonight. it was 'man on the moon', about andy kaufman. like most people, I knew him best from the t.v. show 'taxi'. I know most bio-pics will say 'based on actual events, some scenes and characters were changed for dramatic effect'. but it was an eye-opener about the people he alienated from pranking people in his act all the time. jim carrey did well on playing andy. it looked like many of his co-stars from 'taxi' played themselves. except danny DeVito, who played a different role, his agent. I am thankful I saw it though, as it is another window into stand-up comedy. it was recommended to me by mason city over a year ago, not sure why it took this long to find it and watch it. Courtney love was in this one much like 'feeling Minnesota', but this was purely coincidental. it didn't occur to me when I checked out both. no surprise how the REM song 'man on the moon' was prominent in it when it was the movie title as well. I do recall this song being a hit. at work I got the letters caught up, it helped that the volume was lower and I rejected two that I couldn't do. and it was nice performing tonight. I did do one about seeing the andy kaufman bio-pic. others were about the fugees song and the hank Williams movie I saw recently, as well as having food from taco bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment