Wednesday, April 27, 2016

mama tried, merle haggard

I realized I has two entries about prince this month but nothing about merle haggard yet, and both passed this month. I have a greatest hits CD and 'mama tried' is on it. I know the song is not auto-biographical, as the lyrics mention somebody getting 'life without parole'. but it is still a good song. it is the one called the 'number one hits', released in 1994. notable is the American distributor, dominion entertainment, is listed as being in Plymouth, Minnesota, so in the metro area. the Canadian distributor is listed in Winnipeg, Manitoba. other notable songs on it would be 'okie from muskogee', 'legend of bonnie and clyde', and 'fighting side of me'. like many CDs I have, it is from Cheapo so I bought it used. the sticker is still on it.
   it went well performing tonight at two shows, though I was tired at the second one. mason city was also discussing on facebook the albums by the band weezer, I said I have two albums, the blue and the green. I like 'say it aint so' and 'island in the sun' from those two. I was also reminded of how the band has achieved some immortality due to having songs on 'the simpsons' like 'island in the sun'. it was in a 'boat stories' episode where they parody 'mutiny on the bounty'. and at work there was a quick meeting about some changes in the department, realignment so that means some people must change supervisors but not me. not sure how many are affected.

No comments:

Post a Comment