Thursday, April 21, 2016

northwest airlines napkin

I took a Ziploc bag full of napkins to work today as I was getting things moved around for the exterminator visit. I hadn't looked inside the bag for a while, and was surprised as to what was all in it. there was  a northwest airlines napkin in there, so I am keeping that one around and not using it. I had a frequent flyer account with them that was later flipped over to delta. some of the others were from weddings I had attended. a good number was from subway. they are better kept at the office where they will be used more. I use them there for lunch, like for the soup can once empty and washed out to soak up water. also to dry the microwaveable container once it is washed.
  when I rode the bus home in the evening I saw a 'survey team' much like I did on Tuesday morning. so I understood better what they were there for. I was getting annoyed with one man who kept talking up one survey team member in the back of the bus as he was a know-it-all. he said fines should be higher for not paying fares, but to me $200 sounds high enough. I did share some of my experiences with the other team member. one handled entry and the other exit. we were given what looked like a loyalty program card or credit card when we boarded the bus and were asked to give it to them when we got off. I got a picture of this card Tuesday morning.
   most of the news coverage today on WCCO at 6pm and 10pm was about the passing of prince, the musician who lived in the metro area. it didn't surprise me much, as I recalled when I lived in Chicago-land for 6 years how the first half of the local news the day football player walter payton died in 1999 was about him. most of my news feed was about the story. I first heard about it at the office, where somebody in the hall said 'prince died' and I checked online to confirm it. I recalled his song being quoted when bill young got married in 2010, 'let's go crazy'. when I heard it on the radio I would sing 'colo-nesco' instead of 'oh no let's go', in reference to a school name from my native iowa.
   after watching 'big bang theory' tonight I took a long walk around the neighborhood and it included walking up to the super-America for my dinner. I picked up 5 pennies as well, mostly from the car wash. I will be turning in the change this weekend, now over 11 dollars. the syndicated rerun was when Sheldon and leonard feuded about presenting a project together and the fight ended up on youtube as howard was filming it. prime time episode was about the friends being mad at each other, in part starting over leonard refusing to attend the roommate agreement meeting.
   I was thrilled to get one thing at the office today, it was a poker chip from the big sports fan. he said he couldn't attend a luncheon with the senior leader in may so he gave it to me. guess it works better for him to attend in june. when I go in may it is a Wednesday so I know that works fine, as I hardly ever take that day off. soon I will probably need to think about what days off I need for travels during 'baseball and museum season' as memorial day is next month.  

No comments:

Post a Comment