Saturday, October 21, 2017

10k laughs at VFW

I went to 3 shows with the 10k laughs festival today. one started after midnight in a basement venue, and the third was at a micro-brewery. the second was at the VFW in uptown Minneapolis. I liked seeing so many people I knew there, in the crowd like me but some of the performers as well. I got plenty of photos from the day, and will eventually share them on facebook. I decided to make it count as to which shows I attended, especially when some were performers I don't see that often. the button was MC for two of these shows, and she was in the crowd at the VFW show. international falls was at the midnight show, and a Chicago comic that spoke of working at a grocery store was at the brewery show. Wisconsin man asked for photos at VFW, after seeing I had a camera, but it sounded like his request was to send them in a  private message on facebook as he said messenger. so those will be kept separate from the others. I even said I am thankful to have shared the stage with the Wisconsin couple, and pleased to have them as friends, so I know well enough to honor any requests they might have. I did three, all from different angles. and I figured it best to get close to the stage while I was taking them, as for much of the show I was in the back. I liked being able to sit at a table next to a fellow university of iowa grad. he heard about some of the weird interactions I've had lately, and said they were good enough to tell onstage. so on my list they will go. the VFW show had bingo cards, and when I won I submitted my card and got a festival shirt. the photos I took of this venue included the price list for the merch and a view of the merch as well.
    I still had some other things to do of course, since the weekend is also about chores and errand running. that included not just going to my PO box, where the Sia greatest hits CD had arrived, but also the grocery store. after getting groceries this evening I went to do some karaoke, and did 2 songs. it was 'you don't own me' by Lesley gore, and 'rock in the USA' by john mellencamp. had to find another song to do after I was told one selection was not available, so I did the Lesley gore song as it had been on my list for a while.




No comments:

Post a Comment