Tuesday, October 17, 2017

weekend at bernie's movie

I found the movie 'weekend at Bernie's' on loan from the library and watched it this evening. it had been on my list for a while. I recall seeing the preview while still in high school. 'the only way they survive the weekend, is to make it look like Bernie did'. I said 'you're an idiot' numerous times while watching the movie, so it is more evidence of how I am a 'stodgy academic'. I know it is a 'screwball comedy' so I had to allow for that. I made it a facebook posting and I got some likes for it. the comic known as whopper is a big reason why it became higher priority to see it. he does plays, and one of them was a mashup of this movie with the founding fathers. I am trying to think of how often I actually laughed while watching it, probably not as often as others. but I am thankful I got it crossed off my list. I was trying to find another movie when I saw this one. at this particular library they have the movies in distinct categories and that can make them harder to find.
  'the simpsons' episode was about Maggie having the talent of whistling, it had some swipes in it at child stars. thankful I got chores and errand running done such as going to the grocery store, and doing the dishes. although my neighborhood grocery store is closing soon, in just over a week from now, some in some departments there is not much left. so it meant getting a few items that were 'close enough' in terms of what my needs were. and I decided to get a tube of Aim toothpaste as well, since there weren't many left and it saves me from having to find it at another store.

No comments:

Post a Comment