Friday, October 6, 2017

kingston stadium

   after arriving in Cedar Rapids and checking into my hotel, I went to a high school football game at Kingston Stadium. It was likely my first visit there. I saw CR Washington play mason city, and wash won big, 46-7. it was 40-0 at the half, and there was a lightning delay in the 3rd quarter. I didn't have much else to do that night, so why not go to the game? this is the same reason why I waited out the delay.
   I had hoped to find a karaoke bar to perform at, but it was not to be. the one I went to does have it on some Fridays, but not all and not this one. so I left. I also did an online search this year and found out some more of my relatives are buried in a cemetery in eastern iowa, near cedar rapids. these would be 'migrants', instead of the ones I found in May, who were 'immigrants'. there was on-again off-again rain for much of my drive today, so the cemetery search will have to wait.
   I understand that my 'coda' article for the company newsletter is due to be published today, will see it when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment