Friday, October 6, 2017

two valerie songs

I made it to the karaoke bar tonight, after I fell asleep while watching a football game, sound familiar? happened last week as well. this one was patriots-buccaneers, patriots were leading 16-7 as I left. I heard two Valerie songs being performed, one was 'same boy I used to be', it was by steve winwood. the other was 'come on over', and apparently was first done by the zutons. a later version was done by mark ronson and amy winehouse. I had heard both before. I did 'shutting Detroit down' by john rich. I also saw a man I had recognized from before, but all I recall from our previous conversation was that he once lived in Chicago. he was talking to the karaoke jockey. the lady performing after me did 'born to die', by lana del rey. nice selection, also made me think of another lana song, 'dark paradise'.
   at the office I went through my files some more, still found some untouched ones. so of course more was thrown out, into the recycle bin. I did apply for two more jobs neat the end of the day. and I went to a meeting or presentation in our main conference room, it was about unemployment insurance through the state of Minnesota. they have an office in our building, a floor below us. I was scheduled to have one with a senior leader that helped me rewrite my resume, but it was moved to Monday. of course Friday is not available as I will be out of the office.
   I also heard from my college roommate, on facebook. he commented on a photo uploaded this week, a headshot from the studio in the brooklyns. he said 'cash in on my celebrity'. It prompted me to say something about getting a pocket schedule for the Minnesota wild hockey team. he plans on attending a game this month, and I have a number to call about ordering a ticket. the one game I saw last season, he attended as well.
   on my way to the karaoke bar, I stopped to get some roller grill items at super-America, the credit card machine was down so it was free. I said 'thank you so much'.


No comments:

Post a Comment