Wednesday, October 25, 2017

cooper's grocery store

today one of the 2 st. paul locations for cooper's grocery store closed. it was the one in sibley plaza, near MSP airport. I have been to both st, paul locations, but not the one in chaska. I went to the sibley location one last time, in the final hour they were open, scheduled to close at 6pm. I got two items, a block of cheese and a box of 3 microwave popcorn bags. this one is larger than the other st. paul location, which is closer to downtown. the other one is famous as a movie, the sequel to 'grumpy old men', was filmed there as they wanted the feeling of a small-town grocery store. I got some photos as well, much like during other final visits.
  I put my car in the shop this morning, hopefully it will be ready soon. it meant taking the bus to the wild hockey game tonight, they played Vancouver. the wild lost 1-0, and the only goal was scored midway through the 3rd. not many penalties in this game. I had hoped to see my college roommate there, but it was not to be. he notified me on facebook earlier in the day that he couldn't make it, had to give up his tickets. bummer, since I don't see him that often. I got the giveaway item, it was given out when leaving, a calendar. I got some mini donuts at the game, and some bottled water as well. I try to eat before I go as I know it can be expensive to eat at these sports arenas.
   I may not have watched any movies on video today, but I did get more comedy souvenirs into a binder, it was 10 pages in all. 3 more went into another binder.

No comments:

Post a Comment