Friday, October 20, 2017

veronika decides to die movie

I found more movies at the library. this evening I watched 'veronica decides to die', starring sarah michelle Gellar. she plays a resident at a mental hospital, sent there after a suicide attempt. naturally I thought of other films at mental hospitals while seeing it. first would be 'girl, interrupted'. this is based on a book by Paulo Coelho, who I know also wrote 'alchemist'. I read that one as it was highly recommended by my 'ohio friend'. much like 'I smile back' I found some inspiration for my writings due to watching it. I have to accept being inspired whenever it happens, however unsettling or disturbing the inspiration might be to some or even to myself. I liked watching the 'special features' as well, interviews with the filmmakers. this included, but was not limited to, the director.
   I also watched a concert film about roy orbison, called 'black and white night'. it was filmed in late 1987 and was originally shown on a cable channel, cinemax. on the special features they showed the original packaging from the VHS version, from 1988. the DVD version that I was watching arrived about 10 years later.
   I registered for COBRA benefits this morning, after having to call about it as it kept saying 'invalid' when I tried to enter my user-ID and password. found out it meant re-registering, which of course left me feeling disgusted. but at least it didn't take long to do. also manually typed my resume into a response to an earlier email to an employer, who said he wasn't receiving my resume when I was sending it. as I've said before, technology is wonderful only when it works. this first week of being 'on vacation' has been fine, but I know I should have a different lineup of activities next week. there are a few exhibits I want to see, and one of them closes next month so of course I am running out of time and don't want to wait until the last minute. there are also some Halloween-themed places that I want to see.
    Actually the first movie of the day that I saw was 'the librarian', starring noah wyle. it appeared to be a sequel of some sort, couldn't find the original though. I chose this one as bob Newhart played his boss at the library in new York city. king Solomon, from the Bible, was the main theme for his adventures in this one. and in the evening I went to the karaoke venue and performed 'rearview mirror' by pearl jam. the show-runner, a children's entertainer known for making balloons, likes to hug me and I am fine with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment