Friday, October 27, 2017

bill nye movie

I went to a film festival in st. louis park this afternoon, as there was a documentary or bio-pic there about bill nye, the science guy. I mainly know him from being a guest star on 'big bang theory'. it spoke of doing debates with those who believed in creationism, and this included the man who founded the creation museum in Kentucky, I've heard a little about it. along with a 'noah's ark' amusement park. I liked learning something, as usual. it was said his science show was a popular one, I just haven't seen it. so popular that it is shown in schools.
   there was plenty to do. I got my car out of the shop, then it was on to the library to print some things, such as the ticket for a job fair at a hotel near the mall of America. I wanted to get there even earlier, especially when the same thing happened at another one, some companies left an hour early. I spoke with two companies and gave them my resume, I will find out soon enough what the results are. there was even recruiters for the U.S. army, but I said I am probably too old for that. we shook hands though, as I said I had some college roommates who served in the military.
   I had a near miss on the way to the movie, as somebody pulled out of a parking lot and just didn't see me, I slammed on the brakes just in time. there's something to be said for defensive driving.
   after the movie I went to a community center that was having their annual spaghetti dinner. I had been there many times before. there is also a library in the same building. and I liked the art painted onto to book drop outside the main entrance. though it is hard to have people wait on me, as is done at this dinner. I am used to serving myself. the server got me the spaghetti, and I got myself the water. the bread and butter was already at the table, and I got myself the pumpkin bar and later on a brownie. I got some photos of what I saw, such as using a thesaurus as a paper-weight for the balloons. and there was music playing, it was Italian dinner party music, according to the CD case.
  I watched a little of the pro football game as well, it was the dolphins vs. the ravens. then eventually I knew I wanted to get on the road and perform at a karaoke bar, what I normally do this night of the week as I like my stage time. it meant more after getting an email saying my candidacy for last week's interview was 'unsuccessful'. I've said it before how performing is a healthy outlet for me, as I am often dumping pain that way. I did three songs. it was 'doll parts' by hole, 'whatever' by godsmack, and 'today' by smashing pumpkins. the last one was one I had wanted to do at a different venue over the weekend, but was told they didn't have it even though it was in the book. the first two I had wanted to do for a while. as far as I know, I haven't repeated any songs yet, as there are so many that I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment