Wednesday, October 25, 2017

broken seat belt

my car is still in the shop, due to a broken seat belt. it just wouldn't recoil. I am still waiting as I was told that the delivery was made to the wrong midas shop. so it meant more time taking buses or walking. I walked over to a dairy queen to use a 2-for-1 blizzard coupon that was expiring today. I got some minis, cheaper and I felt better about eating both before I went home. I knew the second one probably would have melted before I got it home. judge judy was on while eating them, it was a case about facebook photos. more proof of how we live in the facebook era.
  I watched one of the movies on loan from the library, it was 'saddest music in the world'. it caught my eye was it was about a music contest in Winnipeg in 1933, during the depression. the movie was released in 2004, and is Canadian. it may have been why I hadn't heard much about it before.
   I performed at two venues tonight. I did a longer set at the second one, and had a guitar player as part of my set. I did ones about a karaoke bar, walking to the festival, seat belt, the hockey game, dairy queen, and a callback to another comic who had spoken about going to catholic school. I got a card from a guitar player, not the one onstage during my set, for a show she is doing next month. I will have to see if I can make it there, but it is a venue I have performed at. so I would like to see this venue again.

No comments:

Post a Comment