Monday, October 2, 2017

riding to the studio

I made it to the comedy club tonight, and I got a ride to the studio after seeing the list. I got rides from different people to an from there, no big deal. I said it was hard to see myself on film, much like why I don't watch my sets on youtube much. they aired the reviews of the taylor swift/def leppard DVD, as well as the movie 'southpaw'. I wanted to stay active after getting there, so I helped out where I could. at first I just wandered around and found another wing to the building.
   I made it to a karaoke venue after the show was done, and did 'bridge over troubled water' by simon and Garfunkel. wanted to do a rain song since it has been raining hard for part of the evening, but I didn't want to spend much time deciding about what song to do.
   I wrote my 'coda' article for the company newsletter, and submitted it before going to lunch at midday. it was harder than I thought it would be to write, as I started out with 4 pages and knew I had to do some serious editing. it meant taking out more than half of it. then I applied for 2 jobs. I wanted to do the article first as I wanted to avoid getting too emotional and knew I needed to move on to other things. I ended it with saying I liked doing the articles, and was taking a bow. I spoke about it with the attorney, who I rode the bus with in the evening. she spoke of how she would be doing a speech at a conference in Minneapolis at the end of next week.
   on my way to the karaoke venue, I got annoyed with a panhandler knocking on my car window when I was stopped at a light near the xcel center. no, he didn't get anything from me. and the car next to me didn't give anything either.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment