Saturday, October 28, 2017

don't fear the reaper, blue oyster cult

tonight I did some karaoke after acting at a haunted house. the song was 'don't fear the reaper' by blue oyster cult. seemed like a good one since it was in the first 'halloween' movie. meaning, it is in season so to speak. though when I hear it on the radio, I think of another movie it was in, 'miracle', about the 'miracle on ice' Olympic hockey team from 1980. so I say the line I recall hearing in the previews, 'looks like a lot of guys from Minnesota and boston. yeah, that's going to work'. I liked how people seemed to be responding to what I was doing, as there are some percussion interludes in it and some people in the crowd were tapping along to it. but this is why I like performing. the regular karaoke jockey was still there, but not in charge of it. I did one song and left, and said hopefully she is singing as well and she said she would be. the most memorable thing about this song, in my opinion, is the stat in it about '40,000 people every day'. of course they mean the grim reaper, or death personified.
   I tried watching a DVD this morning, but it stopped in the middle and wouldn't move from an outdoor scene of a house. it was 'who's afraid of Virginia woolf?' so I returned it to the library along with the other movie I had. I tested the other disc with it, as one was the movie and the other the special features, and it just appeared to be the one disc that was a problem. I got to the library and was disappointed how the used book sale had already ended, although I already have plenty of books. I got two more movies to watch, probably will watch them in the next few days. I made a visit to my post office box, but nothing to pick up. and I made it to the grocery store, before I made my way over to the haunted house. actually it wasn't in a house, but it doesn't have to be. as usual, I liked the experience of acting there. meeting the people I act with, getting a costume, and the makeup. I got a picture of me in costume, and will share it on facebook after the season is over, which will be in less than a week. I see it as a good deal, as it gives me comedy material. I may be a volunteer, but some of them are paid. I get a free meal, it is something to do, and I know I have done my job well when I hear people swearing at me as I know I have scared them. I made sure to wash off the makeup before I left, especially knowing I would be performing karaoke. although when I arrived at the venue, it looked like some were in costume. but I knew my outfit, the street clothes, didn't match the makeup.


No comments:

Post a Comment