Tuesday, October 31, 2017

eau claire visit

tonight I drove out to Eau Claire, Wisconsin, to get stage time at a friend's comedy show. I am told there are musicians in this open-mic as well. the music part was first, then the comedy part. the comedy friend that told me about it wasn't there though. but it was no problem finding the venue, having to make just 2 turns after getting off I-94. the venue was a bar in the middle of town, and I found parking about 2 blocks away. plenty of art on display, there was a tank in front of the children's museum. I liked how I didn't need to make a stop on the way back to the cities. didn't need a bathroom break and I wasn't tired enough to stop for a bottle of Coca-Cola. I made one stop on the way there, in Hudson, for the bathroom, and to get gas. I did make it to a venue before then, said hi to some people and got a beer so I would get airline miles. the show at the first venue did not happen, not enough people there for a crowd. guess this happens on Halloween. there was some candy near the front desk, I claimed a small pack of m and m candy on my way out.
   in Eau Claire I saw that I picked up some show announcement cards as souvenirs, I do that whenever I am performing somewhere so I have something to include in my comedy binders. I listened to game 6 of the world series on the radio on my way there, the Dodgers beat the Astros 3-1 to force a decisive game 7. I also brought a CD to listen to, by Lana Del Rey, and listened to it on the way back, after the game was over. when I performed I did ones about being at 2 haunted houses, doing karaoke after one of them, the Coolio song 'gangsta's paradise', Weird Al as an imitator, attending a burlesque show, a dream about a bicycle, power walking, weekend at Bernie's, and my previous visit to Eau Claire as well as attending my cousin's wedding in a different part of Wisconsin.
   I got an oil change done for my car this afternoon. I liked reading an article about baseball in the Atlantic magazine. odd how there was a coupon hanging in my car after it was done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment