Thursday, October 12, 2017

under pressure, david bowie and queen

tonight I went to perform some karaoke, after I fell asleep in my easy chair while watching a football game, eagles vs. panthers. I chose 'under pressure' by david bowie and queen as one line in particular stood out for me. 'this is our last dance' as I have been saying it often at the office lately, as my job is ending soon. I watched the video on youtube, and there is plenty of black and white footage in it. also people trying to get to work on the train, or of course walking. then there is also depictions of building being imploded, or even a bridge. and cars being scrapped. when I started off I said 'no, not ice ice baby'. I recall in a 'Wayne's world' book how this was named as one of their favorite songs. I also liked seeing a young lady with blonde hair, braided and in a tail, and wearing glasses, singing a johnny cash song, 'big river'. since it mentions st. paul in it. I even said so after she was done.
   at the office, I threw out some more files and printed some more emails. also applied for another job. I called some people that left voicemails, had to turn down the job offers as they weren't good offers. they've mostly been temp jobs. one of them appears to be a job I am already interviewing for next week, but I didn't tell them that. I went to use the fitness center on the lower level one last time, at midday. I used the pedaling machines for about 10 minutes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment