Monday, October 23, 2017

running scared, roy orbison

I did some karaoke tonight, as I didn't make it in time to an open-mic. I did 'running scared' by roy orbison. I will have to admit I chose that one as I had seen the concert video on DVD. although this song is just over 2 minutes, so my karaoke stage time for the night was short.
   at first I was planning on going to an open-mic, since I was unsure if any of my reviews would be airing. but I was told there was some speaking parts available, so I told myself that works for me. this of course is the 30-minute show, my role was an unscripted interruption of a news anchor segment. many others did this, we took turns. I was also in the one about physical fitness, although I had no outfit that fit the scene, I was wearing jeans. pizza was ordered and we ate it in the breakroom at the studio, first time in a while that I had rocky rococo pizza. I sometimes had it while living in iowa, but it had been a while. part of the show included a musician, I liked hearing his two songs. what I was most moved by was the mention of the state's nickname- land of 10,000 lakes- since I have now lived in Minnesota for a while.
    I got two more movies from the library, and that meant returning the two I had from over the weekend. I spent some more time with them before returning, as there was more notes to take from the special features of one of them. with the other, the roy orbison movie, I wanted to see it in full as I was unsure if I had in the first try as I was tired that night. I also returned a shirt that didn't fit, too small. it was given to me the previous day at the bowling event I attended. I probably should have checked the size before accepting it, but the most important thing is recognizing rather quickly that I couldn't use it. I hate seeing things go to waste, so I am hopeful that it goes to somebody who will wear it since it will fit them.

No comments:

Post a Comment