Saturday, December 22, 2018

a karaoke jockey returned

i went to two different karaoke venues tonight. at the first, it had been a regular one of mine for a while. I saw an invite on facebook for a holiday party there. I did one song, 'so lonesome I could cry' by hank Williams. eventually I met the event coordinator and said he was why I was there tonight. I like to use mnemonic devices to remember people, and will recall how he had a name matching a character in a john hughes movie. although I ended up talking to someone else even more, once I found out we both liked the movie 'good will hunting'. he said he bought one of the history books mentioned in it. I said I needed to go as I wanted to get to another venue, and it was snowing by then. no big deal finding my way there though, I learned a long time ago to be careful in winter weather.
  and I was surprised to hear somebody call out for me when I arrived at the second venue. it was a karaoke jockey I recalled from another venue I once frequented. she said she had quit that venue though, in response to me saying I hadn't seen her there in a while. she spoke of getting roped into singing, which I didn't mind as I really wanted to see her sing. she did 'my heart will go on' by celine dion. I was on later, a few singers after her, and did 'good vibrations' by marky mark and the funky bunch. the people at the table nearest the performance space really liked it, and got up to dance while I was singing it so I enjoyed seeing others enjoy it. the snow had stopped by the time I left the second venue, so of course it was no big deal getting home.
   I did some of the typical weekend errand running today, first of course was checking my p.o. box. there was just one e-bay order there. naturally there would have been more, but I had picked up a few others earlier in the week. later on, in the afternoon, I went to the grocery store. and after I got back I slept for a while, then went to another grocery store to get some things that I couldn't find at the first one, such as egg nog. then shortly after that it was on to doing karaoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment