Wednesday, December 12, 2018

an almost empty room

I did a facebook posting tonight where I said 'i have had enough'. not with performing in general but with a particular venue. for quite a while, I had been performing to an (almost) empty room, or sometimes completely empty. this is no fun at all, especially when all too often the one person in the crowd would heckle me or try to join me onstage. tonight I was heckled by a fellow performer, a musician, that should know better. performers usually know how to respect the stage. I let the show runner know how I felt, that it was out of line. so I am looking for a new venue to perform at on Wednesday nights.
   I applied for more jobs online, but haven't heard from any applications I have filed this week. this morning I checked my post office box, two e-bay orders were there. I had a cookie and some apple juice, it was customer appreciation day. then I went to pick up the second half of an order at a UPS store. odd how it was just a button but it was shipped in a box that was the same size as the shirt. when I got it home I 'merged' the boxes, not a big deal. also odd since the button arrived just two days later, it would have made more sense to wait and just send them together if it was known there would be just a minimal delay. these are college football bowl game items, the game is more than two weeks away. I wouldn't have noticed the two days at all this far in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment